Proboscis manufactures and sells three sizes of ‘blank’ StoryCubes. The Original and Medium sizes are printed and die-cut on white silk 300 micron FSC-approved sustainable card stock; the Exhibition size are custom-prepared in our studio using single-ply buff cardboard from a laser-cut template.
- Original Size 55x55x55mm
- Medium Size 82x82x82mm
- Exhibition Size 228x228x228mm
Some ideas for using StoryCubes
- as a brainstorming tool to help people share ideas in workshops, conferences and creative labs
- as an evaluation tool to build up multi layered and multi faceted responses to an event (conference, workshop, performance etc)
- as mnemonic devices helping participants recall activities and outcomes of workshops and mentoring sessions
- in school projects to help students collaborate on group work, enhance negotiation and debating skills and develop tactile and spatial construction skills
- in community projects for intergenerational work – helping people see each others’ perspectives on shared issues
- with young children: make your own alphabet and number cubes or create StoryCubes with photos of friends and family to assist recognition and memory skills
- for storytelling games – where each participant adds elements to their cube and take turns in telling a story with them
- for storyboarding: to help organise storylines for writing, animations or films
- for urban gaming: use StoryCubes as props in urban game scenarios.